Start the manufacturing process outside your plant.
With Kanban’s kitting solutions and sub-assembly services, your skilled labor can focus on production and avoid non-value-added activities like searching for parts, de-trashing and other routine tasks.
In this case study , see how an aerospace company leveraged Kanban kitting solutions to get more efficient.
- Design and creation of custom kits . We can produce trays to hold multiple parts used together during manufacturing. These kits can then be delivered to the exact point of use on the line, making assembly hyper-efficient.
- Sub-assembly . Kanban also performs basic sub-assembly tasks. For importers, this work can be done in our active foreign trade zone to defer duties until goods are distributed.
- JIT delivery . Completed kits are delivered to the point of use based on demand signals or a pre-determined schedule. Kanban’s truck fleet can provide shuttle services to local plants.
Benefits of JIT delivery and kitting solutions
- Increase productivity and production output
- Reduce labor costs, as non-value-added tasks can be done less expensively at our nearby warehouse(s)
- Free up space on your plant floor
- Reduce on-hand inventory